About Me

A schizophrenic careening through middle age looks at her life in black font.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Friendly Fire


Whew! Today was LONG, but brilliant. The picture above was drawn last night, and the original title was "The Rigors of House Hunting." Bryan and I were both pretty stressed out by this morning.

UNTIL ...

The landlords called and said they wanted me to keep renting the house I'm in, but for a lower price if it would help me. And starting in November, we are constructing a new lease for 2 years with Bryan and me on it both. I cannot tell you what a relief this is! Not only is this house in our price range, but I'm a collector of books, and everything would have been a pain to move. No worries! No hassle!

BUT ...

Bryan and I had saved some money for the move. What to do? We disagreed on how the money should be spent. I wanted a new sofa, he wanted picture frames for all the cool photos he has. Mind you, there was never any real argument. We're soft, boring people, and there was no raising of voice .... but maybe there was a sharpening of tone once or twice as we explained to each other the advantages and disadvantages of each of our plots and devices.

My sofas are 5 or 6 years old, I argued. And they happen to be &#@!-Me Red. I'd prefer a mellower, Bite-My-@$$ Brown. He explained his need to decorate his office space where he is writing a novel, to "set the mood." His way was certainly cheaper.

So we went to the Sofa Extravaganza Mega-Store in town, and we picked out one we could both agree on. We came away with a sectional sofa in brown, a recliner chair, and a coffee table-ottoman.
What did I win, besides the furniture?

You guessed it! A trip to the Frame Outlet for picture frames. See? I can bend when negotiated with. *grin*

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am glad to hear that you will not have to move. Moves are super stressful! I like the packing and organizing but putting stuff in new places freaks me out!

    Glad for the new sofa! :) And sweet drawings, too!

    ReplyDelete