About Me

A schizophrenic careening through middle age looks at her life in black font.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Frustrated Much?

coloured pencil experiment 2011

I've been in a weird place lately.
I have neglected everything except my little projects. Somehow, this blog got left by the wayside.
As I was looking over the previous blog posts and journal entries, I noticed the word "frustrated" came up a lot. It's been going on for months. The stars in my mind have gone supernova.
I remember writing here that I couldn't wait to see what would come about when and if all that built up energy came bursting through my hands and eyes.
It has happened.
I started writing a novel.
I was somehow inspired to buy a huge packet of coloured pencils and draw all day. (This above was the first experiment with them. Before you say, "Get back to your life and stop loving on yourself so much," I must explain that the best thing for one to draw is themselves. You are your own best model. You will stay in place as long as you need yourself to, and the angle is always easy to return to after a break.)
I have started a writing/critique group out of various friends, and have been editing and writing and constructively criticizing.
Phew!
It's been a long road out of dissatisfaction and malaise. But I am feeling better and more awake, more alive.
So this is just a note to let you all know I am still alive and kicking and screaming.
If it awhile between posts, it is only because nothing is happening worth mention.
My life's just not that exciting, folks!

2 comments:

  1. Sue, I'm delighted to hear this! I don't know what genre you're writing in, but if it's SFF, consider the Hatrack Writer's Workshop forum (very friendly people, good information, and critique exchange opportunities) and/or the Writers of the Future forum (for entrants into hte contest, but also open to the public and writers of other things). (Both can be found by Googling.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grayson, thanks for the tips! Although I do read a LOT of SFF, it's probably more literary fiction I am writing.
    It' so good to hear from you! Glad to see you here again. :)

    ReplyDelete