About Me

A schizophrenic careening through middle age looks at her life in black font.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Fishes and Friendships

I've recently come back to the world from a foray into my unconscious.

I was swallowed by that great fish from the depths. I am so enormous in my delusional grandeur that it took a week to suck me all in. Being admitted to the hospital was like being spit out, being born again from the awful death I dived in my own deep water.

One of the things that calms me greatly is reading and drawing. I like the meditative quality paper has. I am allowed in its embrace to remain still while travelling the corridors of fancy and dream. Unable to cling to the moment (here, now) that I craved after discharge, I found refuge in my awesome friend's blog.

The link is here: http://aquietweek.com/

A Quiet Week in the House is exactly what it promises for me. If I am reading Lori's genius blog, you can be sure things are going well for me mentally. It means there is a small respite in the corner of my confused and overwhelmed grey matter. So I revisited the blog this week. I found peace and serenity in her arty collages and inspiration in the calm way she expresses her own frenetic flights. I am pleased to say she is my friend.

I give her some credit for the neurotic drawings that have spilled from my pen these last few days.

I have been advised to keep my hands busy, and so I have.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sweeties! What a tribute!

    Thank you for your kind, kind words.

    I hid in my shell for part of the week, overwhelmed by by annual physical and semi-annual visit to my stylist for some color. I also hurt my fool middle aged back.

    I am so honored that you enjoy my blog. Today I felt especially low and worthless, so finding this post is like a box of candy.

    I cannot imagine how difficult life has been for you. Your diagnosis is so complex and medication so trying. I am glad you are feeling better and proud to bring you a bit of cheer.

    How odd that you find inspiration from me. I suspect you had the very first art journal I had ever seen. I still remeber paging through your teenaged masterpiece at your Mom's place!

    Circular inspiration is magic!

    ReplyDelete