About Me

A schizophrenic careening through middle age looks at her life in black font.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Doom in the Plumbing

Hey, folks.

There's no picture this time, because our plumbing has been backed up all weekend, and no one wants a picture related to the mess that has ensued. It's my gift to you.

My landlords thought it would be nice to plant a tree on top of our main waterline. Last year when the plumbing was backed up, the tree was cut down, but the roots were never removed ... as they had fused themselves to the pipes. This sets up a glorious picture of its own, does it not?

So the plumbers were supposed to be here yesterday. They didn't come. Then today, "between 2pm and 4pm." No show (as of yet). It's 10 to 5pm as I write this, and our toilets are backed up into the bathtubs, we cannot do laundry or wash dishes, and the house smells ... not to mention the fact that we are unable to shower. (We smell, too.)

I will keep waiting and calling until someone shows up, but that's all I can do. Meanwhile, enjoy the fact that your toilet flushes, that your dishes and bodies are clean, and Bryan and I will suffer.

1 comment:

  1. Good grief, that sounds awful.

    Mom and Dad have occasional plumbing outages, but rarely sewer-bath.

    Utterly yucky. I hope all gets fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete