About Me

A schizophrenic careening through middle age looks at her life in black font.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Busy Work


I don't know what to say about this collage, except that it is not quite finished.

There are too many left over spaces, and my mind goes straight to them when in need of comfort from chaos or colour.

For weeks I have been feeling the constipated surge of energy that rattles under my fingers, bends my spine, and colours my eyes. It has been waiting to be let out. This evening, I took on a project of collage work. This one is probably my biggest yet, and as you can see, I've taken stuff from discarded poetry notebooks and sketch pads to adorn it ... along with some of the more classic art of others' (such as the painting "Climax", by Aubrey Beardsley (1893), and a photo of the famous Shiva sculpture).

I know it's a lot to take in at once! (Heh. Welcome to my brain.) So I've highlighted a few things for your amusement:
1)


I chose the dichotomies we humans live inside to represent my seemingly endless struggle with sane/insane, normal/abnormal value systems. It seems I am caught in this binary, like Jonah in the belly of the whale.

and
2)

The snazzy application of glittery butterflies, which signify metamorphosis and change.

It's now 2.13am, and I have reached my artistic limit. I cannot look at this with new eyes. Any suggestions on what might finish it?

No comments:

Post a Comment